Chaining Forms (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:17
Many people open multiple forms at one time. This is especially prevalent when you are using the tab view which is the default. I find that to be confusing for users so I developed a simple technique that uses the OpenArgs to allow one form to open another in DIALOG mode and then hide itself. When the called form closes, it reactivates the calling form and the code in the calling form picks up on the line immediately following the OpenForm method. This is greatly simplifies and largely eliminates a problem we see posted fairly frequently. That problem is - how to make the calling form "see" the changes made by the called form. Now you have a place to do your Requery so you can show visually what changes were made by the called form. The sample doesn't go this far but I will probably change it later especially if there is some demand to include an example of a list form opening a detail and then the list form refreshing and repositioning. But not today:)

Attachments

• ChainingForms_20220903.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 378

Catalina

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:17
Looks interesting. I will try to implement in one (or all) of my applications. Thank you.

engc2011e

Local time
Today, 09:17
good code (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom