Change to hyperlink (1 Viewer)

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:31
I have a table with a text field that I want to change to a hyperlink. I'm getting this error?
The table has about 36,000 records.

1645291505957.png

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:31
Why do you want to use Hyperlink type? Just so the Hyperlink dialog is available? A non-hyperlink field can be used to build a hyperlink string. I avoid Hyperlink type field.

Try creating a new Hyperlink type field and run an UPDATE action to populate then delete the original field, rename the new field.

UPDATE tablename SET newfield = "#" & [oldfield] & "#"

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:31
The Hyperlink data type is not supported by SQL Server so I don't use it. Leave the hyperlink as a text field. If you want a description, add a second field. You can set the display properties of the Hyperlink or the display field to Hyperlink. Then in the double click event, Use the FollowHyperlink method to open the document/webpage/image. As long as the file type is known to Windows, Windows will know how to open the file.

HillTJ

To train a dog, first know more than the dog..
Local time
Today, 10:31
@kitty77 , i use some code from allenbrowne.com called 'GoHyperlink', the usage notes are easy to follow. I'd suggest you google this. Sorry, i'm writing this response from my phone & don't know how to copy/paste the link. Will do so for you when i open my PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom