Changing weight of part of message box message (1 Viewer)

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:53
Hello--

How does one change the weight of a specific string variable value used as part of message box? I want the variable value, which will change, to be bold when the rest of the message is normal.

Is this possible?

Example: MsgBox ("The file " & FileName & " contains the duplicate records.")

I want "FileName" to be in bold.

Thanks!

Fornatian

Dim Person
Local time
Use:

MsgBox "FileName @@The file contains the duplicate records."

The @ signs make the first part bold, without using a custom form and unbound fields there is no way to make part of a sentence in a msgbox bold.

Alexandre

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:53
I don't know with XP, but with A2k, this doesn't work (it did in earlier versions). If you need to do that under A2k, just tell and I'll post code allowing that.

R

Rich

How fortunate we luddites are to have one of the Heavyweights point out the advanced features of the newer version of the product.:D

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
I'm using A2K

Hi, all--
Thanks for the responses.

I am using A2K version. Alexandre, if you know a way to do this in A2K, that would be outstanding!

Thanks.

Alexandre

Registered User.
Local time
I knew you would react to this one, Rich. But I must say I would have expected that about nine months ago (See.. )! ;)
History repeats itself.
Now tell me, funny boy... How would you call a mega 'Heavyweight' (over 3000 posts) slow luddite? A Mammouth, I guess? :D

Last edited:
R

Rich

I've only recently had this vision of you Alex:cool:
Since I've lost my profile on more than one occasion the count's not quite correct, I think it's nearer 10k:mad:
From all the posts I've read regarding the newer versions I'd class myself "sensible" :D
Is that correct, you can actually talk to XP?

Alexandre

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, I was said you can.
I mean, if you are willing to get as often blue in the face as it gets in the screen...

BTW, 10k posts... Time to reset your Title, don't you think? What about 'Sensible Mammouth'? :p

Last edited:
J

Jerry Stoner

Ok Alexandre I wont use the heavyweight word anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom