Character Flaws (1 Viewer)

Big Pat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:41
What would you name as the one character flaw that is most dangerous.

I'd say lack of respect for other people. It comes in many guises and it's always bad news. I think it's the root caase of many of the other flaws that have been or will be nominated. Intolerance, pride (the wrong kind!), petulance, bad manners - they all boil down to lack of respect.

And I don't mean that old-fashioned doff-your-hat and "respect" your elders/betters. Elder isn't necessarily better and neither is economic status.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 15:41
I'd say lack of respect for other people. It comes in many guises and it's always bad news. I think it's the root caase of many of the other flaws that have been or will be nominated. Intolerance, pride (the wrong kind!), petulance, bad manners - they all boil down to lack of respect.
I beg to disagree. Lack of respect derives from arrogance/pride and generally thinking that you are better than the other person so I would say that pride is the primary fault

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:41
I have always forund the "respect your elders" advice well off the mark. It has to be universal.

For generations this was applied with the elders totally lacking respect for youth. Punishments handed out for non compliant youth engenders compliance rather than respect. Much of the problem with youth stems from not being shown respect by their elders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom