Solved Charts: reference values on Y-Axis in some cases are not shown (1 Viewer)

Bjt

Local time
Today, 18:05
Dear all,
I generate a graph inside a report based on a query. On the X-axis I have time, and on Y-Axis I have the number of occurrences at the given time. Normally it works as it should, i.e. I have the reference number numbers on the Y-Axis, for instance:

1642064226297.png

1642064270563.png

Anyway in some case the reference values in Y-Axis simply disappear, for instance:

1642064337761.png

1642064365998.png

The form, query, tables and report are always the same. Anyway the problem can be reproduced, as this happens always for the same input combinations to the query, is not random.

It is of course very annoying.

Did some of you experienced the same? How did you solve the issue?

Grazie.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:05
can you add code to the Current Event of the form:

private sub form_current()
me.chartName.ChartValues = "put the fieldname where y axis gets its data"
end sub

Reactions: Bjt

Bjt

Local time
can you add code to the Current Event of the form:

private sub form_current()
me.chartName.ChartValues = "put the fieldname where y axis gets its data"
end sub
Thank you for your reply.

I added the following code in the forms, but this dis not solve the problem.

Private Sub form_current()
Me.Chart5.ChartValues = [GetPrio2_3_final]![Number of Dossiers]
End Sub

GetPrio2_3_final is the query that generates the data that are then used by the graph.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:05
it should be a string (fieldname), like:

Me.Chart5.ChartValues ="[theFieldName]"

Bjt

Local time
it should be a string (fieldname), like:

Me.Chart5.ChartValues ="[theFieldName]"
Like this?

Me.Chart5.ChartValues = "[GetPrio2_3_final]![Number of Dossiers]"

It does not work either. Maybe I am misunderstanding something.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:05
It is hard to be sure but it appears that the plot area (inside the axes) is somewhat variable in width, which compresses the axis labeling area. If you squeeze that area enough you will get, not truncation, but complete removal of the axis values. Just as an experiment, can you take one of those that appears to have lost the axis labeling and change it from horizontal to vertical alignment? (To see if the value labels reappear?) Or can you manually grab the plot area with the sizing handles and squeeze it to the right? The goal is either to take up less width in the label area or adjust the amount of label area that the plot area consumes. If either of those tests work, the problem is merely size allocation.

Reactions: Bjt

Bjt

Local time
It is hard to be sure but it appears that the plot area (inside the axes) is somewhat variable in width, which compresses the axis labeling area. If you squeeze that area enough you will get, not truncation, but complete removal of the axis values. Just as an experiment, can you take one of those that appears to have lost the axis labeling and change it from horizontal to vertical alignment? (To see if the value labels reappear?) Or can you manually grab the plot area with the sizing handles and squeeze it to the right? The goal is either to take up less width in the label area or adjust the amount of label area that the plot area consumes. If either of those tests work, the problem is merely size allocation.
Indeed was a problem of squeezing, but not of the width, but of the height. Resizing left-right had no effect, but resizing up-down worked.

Grazie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom