cheap ipod alternative - better features (1 Viewer)

zelld

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:34
read a review about a cheaper ipod alternative a few days back off cnet and the specs do look impressive. i'll head off to my usual gadget shop later and hope it's available for "window shopping". here's part of the article:

It's been a long time coming as far as the UK's concerned, but SanDisk's Sansa Fuze has finally launched on this side of the pond. It's an MP3 player that comes in 2GB, 4GB and 8GB capacities, complete with an microSD expansion slot.
Inside is support for MP3, WMA (protected and unprotected), WAV and

read the full article at cnet.co.uk

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:34
i know this is old

i bought my son a creative zen, and its really nice

BUT

the shops are full of neat litlle cradle/charging docks/speakers etc for i-pods/i-players/i-touches etc.

why is the whole world only bothered about looking after i-players?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
why is the whole world only bothered about looking after i-players?

Because iPods, like them or not, are the most used player today. I don't like them, never have. I have a Zune instead. But I suffer from the same lack of third party stuff as you do with the Zen. iPods with third party add ons are like PC's compared to Macs in a way. The iPods caught on so much that it paid for third parties to make items for them. The other brands have not made such inroads. The same thing goes for PC accessories and software. They have such a user base that you can get all sorts of third party stuff for them whereas you have a harder time doing so with Macs.

So, unless big chunks of the iPod market share are taken out, I don't see the situation changing. :)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:34
seems that way, Bob

be careful round these parts, bob - you might start having too much fun!!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Which parts are those? Chicken parts? Auto Parts?

Parts is parts... (old Wendy's commercial)... :D

Stix

Banned
Local time
Without the accessories, an MP3 player is nowhere near as useful and yes ipod rules that market.

bulrush

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:34
Before the Iphone came out, I bought a Archose Jukebox 6000 (audio only). It was the best price per GB that was on the market, and they still make great products too. At the time, 6GB cost me $300, which was a great deal. And it could act as another computer hard drive (it contained a mini hard drive, just don't drop it).

Their batteries also lasted exceptionally long for that time. And I'm a picky, rechargable battery expert. Using them since 1987.

http://www.archos.com/

isabelle

Local time
I still prefer the iPod though. I can get any iPod because it has every product for every price range. Plus, it has the best quality in my opinion too.

slansh

Registered User.
Local time
Iphone is an all in one feature containing features on ipod and a phone. So I think save few bucks more and get iphone 3 or 4. At the very least a dual function though expensive...

DSerri

Local time
As a music lover, iphone's batt life is not sufficient for my use. I have ipod shuffle instead, it is pretty small thing that's great for running or while working out in gym.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:34
I have no electronic music device but am never without music. I sing. No recharging required and the track selection is very intuitive.;)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time

That's fine if you like the Artist and perhaps okay if people around you do as well. But, if you are like me, that would definitely NOT work. It would torture people, including myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom