Choosing/hiding fields after linking the table (1 Viewer)

jaesun0802

Local time
Today, 10:27
I created the table by linking to the data source (.txt file). During the import Text Wizard, I hid some fields to make it look cleaner in Access table. Now, I want to bring back some table that were hidden, but I don't know how to.. I tried to search how to modify the linked table 'field option' but I couldn't. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:27
Hi. I'm just a little confused. You said you hid some "fields" during import but now want to bring back some "tables" that were hidden? Did you mean bring back some hidden "fields" instead of tables?

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:27
I created the table by linking to the data source (.txt file). During the import Text Wizard, I hid some fields to make it look cleaner in Access table. Now, I want to bring back some table that were hidden, but I don't know how to.. I tried to search how to modify the linked table 'field option' but I couldn't. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks!
Delete the linked table and relink it with all the fields. Then open the linked table in Access and hide the fields you don't want to see,

jaesun0802

Local time
Hi. I'm just a little confused. You said you hid some "fields" during import but now want to bring back some "tables" that were hidden? Did you mean bring back some hidden "fields" instead of tables?
Yes. I want to bring back all the hidden fields.

jaesun0802

Local time
Delete the linked table and relink it with all the fields. Then open the linked table in Access and hide the fields you don't want to see,
There is a query that runs based on this table and other linked tabel. Does this mean I have to set up the query again?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 14:27
No need to relink the tables or re-make queries
Open a table and right click on the column header area. Choose Unhide Field.
A field list is displayed. Tick those you want to display and untick those you don't.

Having said that, end users should NEVER be looking at the tables (or queries). All user interaction should be done via forms

jaesun0802

Local time
No need to relink the tables or re-make queries
Open a table and right click on the column header area. Choose Unhide Field.
A field list is displayed. Tick those you want to display and untick those you don't.

Having said that, end users should NEVER be looking at the tables (or queries). All user interaction should be done via forms
There is no column to unhide...

jaesun0802

Local time
You said you wanted to 'bring back the hidden fields.
Based on that comment, you must have hidden some fields or reduced their width to zero
Sorry if I didn't clarify... it is not hidden, but "do not import field" from Linkk Text Wizard.
1622120072715.png

jaesun0802

Local time
So it is not hidden, but not including the field to the table when importing...

1622120105673.png

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 14:27
In other words you provided completely incorrect and totally misleading information previously (n)

In that case, you will need to modify the import wizard settings and relink the table(s) concerned.
Suggest you do what was suggested in post #3

jaesun0802

Local time
In other words you provided completely incorrect and totally misleading information previously (n)

In that case, you will need to modify the import wizard settings and relink the table(s) concerned.
Suggest you do what was suggested in post #3
Sorry! Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom