Solved Client database for foodbank charity (1 Viewer)

Johns444

Local time
Today, 14:16
Thanks guys, I think this has now been resolved.
Appreciate the support

HelenH4B

Local time
Would anybody know if a suitable premade database is available? Or is this a custom job?
This is not something I could tackle with my limited knowledge.
We want to be able to select a client from a list, which can be updated easily. This will then complete certain fields on a form that are associated with that client, such as family size, name, current date, post code.
The form will depend on the family size, so there could be up to six different forms.
The form is basically a pick list for the foodbank, hence details/forms are dictated by family size.
Hi
I came across this thread, when searching for help on how to create a database for our UK foodbank. Like you, we just need a way to quickly find and enter client details and keep a record of the types and numbers of food parcels given out. I realise this was posted several months ago, so I am not holding out much hope, but I would be interested in hearing the solution you came up with. I don't have a good knowledge of databases and how to set one up.
Any help would be appreciated.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Since @Johns444 was the original OP and says it has now been resolved, perhaps he can share his solution with you.

However it shouldn't be too difficult for you to do this yourself. You start by defining the requirements, from there you can design your tables and relationships and finally the forms and reports required to manage the data.

So for example you say 'need a way to quickly find and enter client details' - what are the client details? On the face of it probably as a minimum a name, a contact number and email? But what is a client? - is it actually a family? in which case what details do you require to define any family? Do you need everyone's names and ages, or simply a family name and number of members of the family.

Once you have clarified that you can then construct the tables and relationships

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:16
Post #13 and the pick list pictures should help. @arnelgp seems to have created a database, perhaps he would post it.

HelenH4B

Local time
Since @Johns444 was the original OP and says it has now been resolved, perhaps he can share his solution with you.

However it shouldn't be too difficult for you to do this yourself. You start by defining the requirements, from there you can design your tables and relationships and finally the forms and reports required to manage the data.

So for example you say 'need a way to quickly find and enter client details' - what are the client details? On the face of it probably as a minimum a name, a contact number and email? But what is a client? - is it actually a family? in which case what details do you require to define any family? Do you need everyone's names and ages, or simply a family name and number of members of the family.

Once you have clarified that you can then construct the tables and relationships
Hi
Thanks for your reply. As a charity we use Google workspace, which doesn't have a database element. We are looking at Beacon which was suggested for small charities. Is this the best software to use? We require very limited analysis, its basically a list of names, size of food parcel, referral agency, reason for referral, and dates. We are unlikely to have more than 500 records at any time.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi
Beacon CRM would cost £30/mo for the starter version.

HelenH4B

Local time
Hi
Beacon CRM would cost £30/mo for the starter version.
This may well be good value, I have no idea what to expect in terms of cost. We haven't knowledge of other (?better) options. We currently use a book, which is a lot cheaper! We are only looking to digitise to speed up the booking in process for clients and avoid a queue building up.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
This may well be good value, I have no idea what to expect in terms of cost. We haven't knowledge of other (?better) options. We currently use a book, which is a lot cheaper! We are only looking to digitise to speed up the booking in process for clients and avoid a queue building up.
What equipment do you currently have? Laptop / PC ?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
we use Google workspace,
unfortunately Access won't work in workspace. I've not had much to do with workspace but the impression I get is it is more about data analysis/reporting rather than data management.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well you would be better off running Office 365 Personal for £59.00 a year.
Which does not appear to include Access ????

However I have just spoken to MS support and they say it does, just that it is not shown???? :unsure:

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
This is from the Office Website

Attachments

• Office.jpg
    Office.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 36

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:16
Access would actually be the most cost effective product. Only the developer requires a full (paid) version and that can be obtained for $59 per year. All other users can run the Access Runtime which is a free download from MS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom