Close modified subreports & reopen Report (1 Viewer)

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:55
I have complex A13 reports each of which has multiple complex subreports whose various control properties are programmatically modified in the report's design view and then closed along with the report itself immediately prior to a report is opened in "preview" mode.

Why? The various subreports are used differently in the various reports, same data and headings, just different fonts, colors, hide/show and misc. other properties modified as needed. This saves creating multiple subreports, which are on cosmetically different. Modifying multiple subreports for each program change would be onerous, so I use different sets of properties for each (parent) report and the subreport control properties as appropriate before the report actually opened.

When the preview is closed, user is prompted to save the subreports even those they've been just save bore the report is opened. Whether they saved or not on closing the report, doesn't matter here. I just need to avoid the prompt, but can't seem to find a solution. I've tried toggling "Warnings," closing the subreports and reports when modifications are complete and also on the reports's "OnClose" event. There is no VBA code in the various reports or subreports.

The persistence of the prompt is unacceptable for a production program.

I'm just missing something. :banghead: Surely this is a common situation. :mad:

Any help would be appreciated. I thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom