Cloud Services 101: Android and IOS Devices. (1 Viewer)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 09:52
A hundred thousand lines of code later, and the risk of extinction is imminent .

I have two systems that have been evolving for the last 20 something years. Both are mission critical, one manages every aspect of a chemical clant, including sharing SQL Server data with accounting, Business BI, the software that actually operates the physical plants, maintenance schedules, shipping and receiving. All of it. The other does the same with construction companies.

Currently we use Cell Phone integration, Email, Text, and Cloud Calendars, to communicate with the field, and mobile workers.

We need to move this data to the cloud, and we need to start to sell this as a service. We must have Android and IOS integration. Not with every aspect of the desktop version, that would be insane. But we need aps.

So starting from the fifty thousand foot view, what are your thoughts? I know things have change a lot in the last years, and quite frankly, I have not kept up.

Thanks for joining this discussion.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:52
I'm not speaking from experience so take everything with a pinch of salt!

However I have been following developments, and I note there is a online database solution called "firebase" and you can link to firebase with flutter.

With Flutter, you can develop apps for both ISO and Android in one place.

I think that would be a good start for you, to explore that.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:52
I would also recommend at least looking into Power Apps. It works best when the organization is tightly integrated with Microsoft Office and Microsoft accounts.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Power Apps look good but they are extremely expensive. Full blown Project Management software is in the same price range.

As much as I am a Microsoft guy, they seem to make it impossible to create apps and sell them on the open market. They are geared for enterprise development, not for developers wanting a scaleable app to sell. The Chemical Plant software is a good candidate for this, the project management program requires exponential scaling.

At least that's what is seems like, Azure pricing leaves no room profit. Microsoft seems to want all of the revenue from their products.

So the search continues for a wholesale supplier of cloud services and platforms that will let me scale these databases to the masses.

Please continue giving me suggestions.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I'm not speaking from experience so take everything with a pinch of salt!

However I have been following developments, and I note there is a online database solution called "firebase" and you can link to firebase with flutter.

With Flutter, you can develop apps for both ISO and Android in one place.

I think that would be a good start for you, to explore that.
Looking into this Now, I will let you know what I find.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:52
Looking into this Now, I will let you know what I find.

I started HERE:-

Flutter Coding Challenge: Building a Calculator App

Where you can develop a simple calculator app…

Next, I followed this free course:-

Build Native Mobile Apps with Flutter

Until you get to the second quiz where you have to build a widget. You could just copy and paste the code cheating and build the widget however scratching your head, thinking about the process, will make you realise how much you don't know which IS A VERY IMPORTANT thing to find out about yourself.

then I watched this:-
#1.5 Flutter Tutorial for Beginners with Dart: Organize your Dart code in the Flutter App PART-3

The above video is in This PLAYLIST:-
Flutter Tutorial for Beginners using Dart: Develop Android and iOS mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom