Coffee ring stain erks Scientist (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:04
A scientist who was so so incensed when asked to clean up his mess in the kitchen, decided to eliminate coffee stains.

After years of experimentation and spending millions of dollars he finally came up with a solution:-

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 05:04
Holy Lets-OverThink-The-EverLoving-DogShit-Out-Of-This, Bat Man!

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
NG, surely you can appreciate the severity of this dilema.

coffee.jpg

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:04
I have. Be afraid...very afraid

A company I worked for had a subscription to an online tracking service. I left the company, but I kept the password! It remained active for several years and was very useful!

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
A company I worked for had a subscription to an online tracking service. I left the company, but I kept the password! It remained active for several years and was very useful!
People who worry about facebook aggregating their data have no clue what else is out there.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:04
@Anakardian, thank you for that link to the IgNobel Prizes. Some of them are REALLY in the "WTF were they thinking" category. Some are merely dumb, but some are ASTOUNDINGLY dumb.

2019 - Economics: Habip Gedik, Timothy A. Voss, and Andreas Voss, for testing which country's paper money is best at transmitting dangerous bacteria

2018 - Reproductive Medicine: John Barry, Bruce Blank, and Michel Boileau, for using postage stamps to test whether the male sexual organ is functioning properly—as described in their study "Nocturnal Penile Tumescence Monitoring With Stamps."

2018 - Medicine: Marc Mitchell and David Wartinger, for using roller coaster rides to try to hasten the passage of kidney stones.

(That last one seems to me to be misplaced as I would have thought it as a good way to handle constipation.)

You've got to wonder how they even got the grants by which they funded this kind of research.

Last edited:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
using postage stamps to test whether the male sexual organ is functioning properly
I presume you lick the stamp and apply it, go to sleep, and if you wake up in the morning and the stamp has become a label, everything is fine??

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:04
Just hope that the wife/girlfriend hasn't detached something and mailed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom