Collect data by email in "Windows live mail" (1 Viewer)

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:20
I could make a fully functional small database with the help of all the experts in this forum. Eventually, this database becomes so effective that we could stop one paper format completely. Now, I am exploring this dB to another one step further.

To do so and to make the process paper free, I need to collect one field data via email. I saw "collect data by email" in external data and could see how it works but as far as I understand it is for Outlook 2007.

In our firm, almost everybody use Windows live mail. I need to know what are the ways, I can overcome this matter. I do not think it is advisable to use two email clients together and out of that one for just very little use.

Please advise.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 15:50
The only way you would be able to do it with Windows Live Mail, if you can't use Outlook, is to write the entire thing yourself. That is not a simple task by any means. The auto email collection ONLY works if you have Access 2007/Outlook 2007 or Access 2010/Outlook 2010. It doesn't work with any other email clients.

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:20
Many thanks for your swift reply.

But the information provided is a bit shocking to me because I was feeling there are more than one ways in access to do the things and I was very much confident that I will get the other one. Anyway, now I must need to think other plan.

Basically, I wanted to get authorization kind a field from a senior person and in that case I was considering email as a best option as he remains always over the emails and he does not need to open additional application (access) to authorize.

best regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom