Colors Changing Based on OS?!? (1 Viewer)

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 07:09
Okay, this one is driving both my users and myself nuts.

I'm designing a bunch of applications for my current employer, and as a new hire, I got one of their Win7 machines rather than a Win8 one. The only other difference of note is that the Win7 machines have Office 2007 installed, while the Win 8 machines have Office 2013.

The problem I'm running into is that, despite my choosing very specific colors for the applications rather than using Windows color schemes, the colors are displaying differently on the various systems. I know it's not just a difference in monitor settings, because it's the backgrounds that are showing the wrong colors, while solid rectangles I used to order things are showing the RIGHT colors.

I've attached a couple examples: GSWin7Colors and GSWin8Colors show the exact same form on each system. in both cases, the top section is supposed to have color #83B4E1, while the lower, lighter one is color #DEEBF7. (Ignore the difference in text colors - I manually changed it to Automatic - and thus black - until I can get this worked out.)

In the last example, those navy blue rectangles are displaying as a very light grey on Windows 8 systems, while the navy blue text is unchanged.

Would anyone know why this is happening, or at least how to get the colors to stay the same between versions? It's already driving me crazy, and the users are less than happy about it as well.

Attachments

• GSWin7Colors.png
    GSWin7Colors.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 50
  • GSWin8Colors.png
    GSWin8Colors.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 49
  • GSSwitchboardWin7.png
    GSSwitchboardWin7.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 43

Ranman256

Local time
You can set colors to SYSTEM colors,
Or to hard specific colors. (The color pallet offers both)

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Yes, I know. As I mentioned in my first post, I set them to specific colors.

They're changing anyway. Note in the attached image that I chose a specific color for the header section, and yet it displays different colors depending on if it's a Win7 or Win8 platform.

Attachments

• GSColorsProperties.png
    GSColorsProperties.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom