Solved Combo box drops first record when form inside Navigation form (1 Viewer)

Goochie

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:05
Well that works brilliantly! What did you change?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:05
Well that works brilliantly! What did you change?
Hi. Essentially, it's as I was saying. When a form is used in a Navigation Form, it becomes a subform. In your code to Requery the Combobox, you were checking if the active form is the one with the Combobox. Unfortunately, the active form will always be the Navigation Form, so that check was failing.

Goochie

Local time
Well there is no doubt that this is working on the demo I gave you for Customers, but when I try the exact same syntax on my live version it doesn't work. Also, on the demo I tried using the same principle for the Employees form but it doesn't work. Are you sure there wasn't something else you changed for the demo Customer form to work?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Well there is no doubt that this is working on the demo I gave you for Customers, but when I try the exact same syntax on my live version it doesn't work. Also, on the demo I tried using the same principle for the Employees form but it doesn't work. Are you sure there wasn't something else you changed for the demo Customer form to work?
Hi. Sorry if I was so vague. Did you catch what I said about your code to Requery the Combobox? If so, did you check the change I made in that code?

Here's what actually happened. I changed your criteria syntax to the one I am more used to using. When it still didn't work, I realized I had to Requery the Combobox. However, I noticed you were already doing that. So, I had to check what you were doing there and modified it to make it work.

Hope that helps...

Goochie

Local time
Got it! Well done, thank you very much. Some times you can't see the wood for the trees. Much appreciated.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Got it! Well done, thank you very much. Some times you can't see the wood for the trees. Much appreciated.
Very welcome! Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom