Combobox / dataSheet view (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 05:37
Is it possible to get a combo box to work in datasheet view?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:37
Of course. Why, what's happening with your combobox?

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
when you move into the Control 'down-arrow' will appear...for a selection to be made.

Linq ;0)>

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Of course. Why, what's happening with your combobox?
Thanks for answering. combo works in form view, but not on datasheet view. Now my form is a subform and opens in datasheet view. Does that make a difference

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks for answering. combo works in form view, but not on datasheet view. Now my form is a subform and opens in datasheet view. Does that make a difference
Hi. I just gave it a try, and it seems to work fine for me.

Attachments

• form.png
    form.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 95
  • ds.png
    ds.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 90

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Tiny app, not very important, mostly a learning experience. Anybody interested in finding the problem?

Attachments

• DailyDevotions.zip
    77.9 KB · Views: 117

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Tiny app, not very important, mostly a learning experience. Anybody interested in finding the problem?
Hi. I downloaded your app. I see the combo in the datasheet. What's wrong with it?

1606249100512.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Like this? I went to a new record on the main form and then selected an item from the combo. As you can see, it saved the new record I added to the subform. Not sure what steps you wanted me to try. I am not familiar with your app.

1606250409102.png

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Like this? I went to a new record on the main form and then selected an item from the combo. As you can see, it saved the new record I added to the subform. Not sure what steps you wanted me to try. I am not familiar with your app.

View attachment 86951
Looks like sequence. If I click on date sent it gives me a sort menu. I click again it gives me a date picker, then, the combo brings up list of names.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Looks like sequence. If I click on date sent it gives me a sort menu. I click again it gives me a date picker, then, the combo brings up list of names.
Hmm, not sure I understand. That doesn't happen for me. When I click on DateSent, I get a Date Picker. If I pick a date from it, the date gets stored in the field, and I don't see any "sort menu" anywhere showing up.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Ok, got it working thanks for your help
Congratulations! You might consider posting either the solution or the working version, in case others could benefit from it in the future.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Congratulations! You might consider posting either the solution or the working version, in case others could benefit from it in the future.
Pilot Error! I have neuropathy in both hands. As I went to click in the date or combo the mouse would slide up where it doesn’t belong. However, I would not have discovered that without you telling me it worked for you. Thanks Again

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Pilot Error! I have neuropathy in both hands. As I went to click in the date or combo the mouse would slide up where it doesn’t belong. However, I would not have discovered that without you telling me it worked for you. Thanks Again
Hi. No worries. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom