combobox reading values (1 Viewer)

iworkonline

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:35
Here is the problem I am trying to solve, I have not encounter this before. Let me describe the scenario

table1
ID--VALUES
01-games
02-video
03-other

I have combo box that needs to display VALUES from the above data.

and the user should be able to select the values and I am storing the ID in the table. If the user selects 'other' than a text box appears and types the value which is saves in a table..

When the form loads I want the VALUE to be displayed based on the ID that the user has selected.

the current settings of the combo box is
colum count 2
column widths 0;1
row source = select statement
control source = name of the field

right now on the form load it dispalys the ID, and if I select different VALUE I get an error msg:
"you may have entered text in a numeric field or a number taht is larger than teh fieldsize setting permits"
I hope it makes sense. thanks for the help

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
1. Do you have lookups defined at table level?

2. What is the datatype of the field in the table?

iworkonline

Registered User.
Local time
look ups are in different table which contails the ID and VALUES
data type in the table which is being saved to is integer because I only want to save ID

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
What I mean by lookups at table level is when you have a field in the table which stores the ID and then if you select that field in design view in the table there is a tab which says LOOKUP and then by setting that your field has a combo box in the table so if you open the table there is a combo right there. That is what I just wanted to verify that you do NOT have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom