Comma in Multi-column Listbox (1 Viewer)

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:54
The typical way to add an item to a list box is:

Code:
  Me.lstMyListbox.AddItem Item:= strStringToBeAdded

This works great if the list box is only one column. Should the list box happen to be two columns, the way it's done is:

Code:
Me.lstMyListbox.AddItem Item:= strFirstColumn & ";" & strSecondColumn

This also works great, unless the user's string happens to contain a comma. My problem is that I have a user who put a comma in her string and the list box is parsing it as a new column. Does anyone know a way around this? I suppose that a semicolon in a string would cause the same problem.

Thanks

SHADOW

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 02:54
parse it out first using the comma as the delimiter. split() is available, along with the parsing functions such as left(), right(), and mid().

i guess you can't stop the fact that Access treats delimiters the way it was programmed to do so. so that's impossible, but try what I mentioned above and see if it works. just remember that if you split it out, it becomes an array.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:54
parse it out first using the comma as the delimiter. split() is available, along with the parsing functions such as left(), right(), and mid().

i guess you can't stop the fact that Access treats delimiters the way it was programmed to do so. so that's impossible, but try what I mentioned above and see if it works. just remember that if you split it out, it becomes an array.

That would be a lot of work because most strings do not contain commas so this would have to be conditional.

I should have posted this: I did some searching and I found that if you enclose the strings in quotes, then the comma problem is solved.

Thanks for your help :)

SHADOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom