Compact and Repair database Option not working (1 Viewer)

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:03
I backup my MS Access 2007 database every night. When I went to open the copy I backed up on Tuesday night, all my macros, table and forms did not show up! I copied over the macros, tables and forms from my Monday night backup and the program started running again. Unfortunately, when I copied the tables over, the "missing tables" appeared! That meant all the tables I copied over from the Monday night backup were also there, but with the suffix "1" after each table. I deleted all the tables with the "1" and then tried to compact and repair the database under the "manage" Option. Program will not compact, which means I have a lot of empty space in the program.:banghead:
Any suggestions as to how to fix this issue? TY in advance for any help you can give me.

Ranman256

Local time
To make a backup,all you need to do is copy the .accdb,and paste to a different drive.
Why would you copy internal objects (like tables,macros)?

Sometimes a db will corrupt and erase all vb code. So just paste the backup back into the production area.

But compact should always work. If it doesn't compact any more then it cannot.

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your reply. I do make a backup by copying the .accdb to a different drive every night.
The issue is when I opened up the backup the next day and I tried to open it by running my initial macro to start the program, their weren't any macros to choose from. In searching futher, their weren't any tables or reports either. For some reason I could still find all my queries. Please see attached pictures of what I am trying to describe. Normally, I see all the reports when I want to edit one of them, but as you can see from the "empty-report.jog" their aren't any to see.
Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by pasting the backup code in the production area? I am not familiar with what you are referring to as the production area....I am still a novice at this.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Empty-report.jpg
    Empty-report.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Normal-report.jpg
    Normal-report.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 59

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 05:03
If you look at the first screenshot, the title bar has a small down arrow.
Click that to expand the section and show all reports.
Similarly for other sections such as tables

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom