Concatenating hyperlinks (1 Viewer)

Matroosje94

Local time
Today, 23:50
Hi all, so I am trying to create a query that uses multiple hyperlinks per row:

Normally, I would simply concatenate it using: Concatenate: [Field1]& [Field2]. However, if the values are hyperlinks, it turns up to be something like: site#link to site # site2#link to site2#

How can I turn it into hyperlinks?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:50
Hi. Unfortunately, if you're talking about a Hyperlink field, it can only contain one hyperlink. It might be possible, if you're trying to display the multiple hyperlinks on a form to use an unbound control and perhaps use a Rich Text format. Even then, you might still have to employ some VBA to allow the user to click on a link and have it work as a true hyperlink

Matroosje94

Local time
Today, 23:50
What do you mean with: 'display the multiple hyperlinks on a form to use an unbound control'? If VBA is an option, I would like to employ that method. Do you have any tips/additional suggestions?

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 17:50
How can I turn it into hyperlinks?
you can't. not in a query by concatenating text which are originally hyperlinks. dbGuy already mentioned that. I think what he was saying was that, if you put the concatenation in a form, in a control of anykind (unbound, which is the technical term), you can use code to follow a hyperlink of as much text as you want it. in access, the follow hyperlink code is:

Application.FollowHyperlink

the first argument is where you can reference the control (text box on a form) that has the complete address in it. does that make sense?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:50
OK, I'm mystified. Why would you want to concatenate hyperlinks? Do they actually work if you click on them? Do all of them open at once?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom