Conditional Formatting text boxes based on a Yes/No... (1 Viewer)

SirStevie3

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:54
I am trying to get the text in a couple text boxes to turn green if a certain Yes/No field is left blank.

I know the conditional formatting is working, because condition 1 and 3 are working fine (those expressions are referencing text fields).

I would like to have Condition 2 look at [DM_Approval] from the bound query and if it is unchecked, execute the conditional formatting.

I've tried all kinds of statements, but i'm starting to think that the expressions in the conditional formatting window just won't work when referencing a yes/no field.

Specifically (at the very least) i know i tried [DM_Approval]=False, [DM_Approval]=No, [DM_Approval]=0, and [DM_Approval] is null.

Thanks for any guidance/advice. Much appreciated.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 09:54
I don't know how you've set it up, but look in the attachment how I've done it.

Attachments

• Green.jpg
    Green.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 362

SirStevie3

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:54
Thanks JHB, I saw in your picture that you had the DM_Approval Checkbox on the actual form (instead of just the query the form is bound to), and once i did that it worked. Im not sure why it wouldnt work the other way... oh well.

Thank you VERY much!:)

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 09:54
... Im not sure why it wouldnt work the other way... oh well.

Thank you VERY much!:)
You're welcome - if you don't want it to be visible, then you can hide it.
It wouldn't work the other way because [DM_Approval] is unknown if you don't have it on the form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom