Configurable & Simple Record creation and importing. (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 19:41
I think I would think of your 'configurable' record as the parent record.?
However you get child records after creating a parent record, not the other way around?
At least that has always been the way I have thought of it.

MannyST

Local time
Today, 15:41
I think I would think of your 'configurable' record as the parent record.?
However you get child records after creating a parent record, not the other way around?
At least that has always been the way I have thought of it.
Think of it like this! You create folders/paths to categorize or configure simple records to then get filed into within Magento......Simple/children are created first and off the simple/children records you then create different categories that you set/create folders within Magento. When you take a bunch of simple records and choose which fields to create configurable fields off the simple records, the configurable field data then gets stored within the folder paths inside Magento.....that is the best way I can describe it to you....you would have to read up on Magento.....it's an ecommerce thing so when you search online.....if you are looking at say clothes for example...you would see only the parent/configurable item at first.....if you select size....there would be variouses sizes depending on what type of children you have and qty in stock, etc........those would be your choices.......thus the configurable record format that you see in the examples are just the paths that need to get imported into Magento, but in a very specific way.......make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom