congratulations Rangers (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 12:12
Well done Glasgow Rangers on becoming the first Scottish club to progress to the knockout stages of The Champions League, I guess Hayley will have a hangover today.:D

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Well done Glasgow Rangers on becoming the first Scottish club to progress to the knockout stages of The Champions League, I guess Hayley will have a hangover today.:D

Brian
I normally get a text from Hales - but I suspect she was unable to focus on the phone screen last night;)

Any bets as to whether she'll log in today?

Col

R

Rich

The puds did rather well too Brian:)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Rich said:
The puds did rather well too Brian:)

They didn't play well but did what was nescessary. They are off to Japan next week for the world championship but I don't hold out much hope.

Brian

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Interesting to see that you can get through to the next stage of the Champions League by winning only one of six games. :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I think that the old European Cup format should be revived, its interesting that in those days only a countries champions and the previous seasons winners could enter, they now call it the Champions league and non champions enter plus they paniced about the Champions of Europe entering:confused:

Its all about money

Brian

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
I would like to see all events go unseeded so that whichever competition you actually meet truly is the luck of the draw. That way, for instance, you could get Brazil, England, Germany, and Italy in the same group while, elsewhere, Angola, Faroe Islands, Malta, and Saudi Arabia are fighting it out for promotion.

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:

Brian

Thanks Brian, you are not far wrong there. I had a half day at work yesterday to get a proper pre-match build up. Luckily I did the sensible thing and took today as a holiday...I've not long crawled out of bed :D It was just an incredible night. The way our season has been going it really has cheered us all up. I feel certain that McLeish will be replaced now after the league form this season but I feel really sorry for the guy, he has done everything he can and the players just haven't done the business but If this was his last game in charge I wish him all the best and thank him for all the memories he has given us.

Perhaps we'll get Liverpool in the next stage Bri ;) I think am correct in saying a first placed team will play a second placed team but not if they are from the same country!

I leave you with some pics from the night :D :D :D

Hay

Attachments

• Govan1.jpg
    Govan1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 328
  • Copeland1.jpg
    Copeland1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 331

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Hayley Baxter said:
Perhaps we'll get Liverpool in the next stage Bri ;) I think am correct in saying a first placed team will play a second placed team but not if they are from the same country!

Hay

Hope not, I seem to remember that we don't have a particularly good record against Scottish teams but the continentals are a doddle:rolleyes: ;)

Brian

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Hope not, I seem to remember that we don't have a particularly good record against Scottish teams but the continentals are a doddle:rolleyes: ;)

Brian

Don't fancy our chances against anyone in the next stage Bri but we're just glad to be there anyway.

Still in Europe after christmas, now that's more like it :)

Hay

emcf

Local time
Hayley Baxter said:
Still in Europe after christmas, now that's more like it :)

Hay

or rather -

Still in Europe after Christmas, now that's a first!!!:D :D :D

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
emcf said:
or rather -

Still in Europe after Christmas, now that's a first!!!:D :D :D

Aberdeen in Europe at all, in days gone by perhaps but never again in the forseeable future :p

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
and a last:p :cool:

Now Richey you are not exactly in a position to comment are you!

Get the picture ;) :D

Hay

Attachments

• Manu.jpg
    Manu.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 311
R

Rich

Hayley Baxter said:
Now Richey you are not exactly in a position to comment are you!

Get the picture ;) :D

Hay
temp. set back only, once we get the club back from the Yank, we'll be back up where we belong:cool:

emcf

Local time
Hayley Baxter said:
Aberdeen in Europe at all, in days gone by perhaps but never again in the forseeable future :p

hmm...good point! :eek: the hibees robbed us of a place last season and on current form i can't see us getting in the top six this year, never mind a euro place. apparently the club are considering the inter-toto cup as a back door to the uefa cup/league thingy. there's talk of a pre-season tour to china as well....mot sure what that's all about:confused:

and sir alex will get man u back to their rightful place (although we're still above arsenal!!). anyway, if he leaves we'll have him back in the blink of an eye:D

emcf

Local time
SJ McAbney said:
I would like to see all events go unseeded so that whichever competition you actually meet truly is the luck of the draw. That way, for instance, you could get Brazil, England, Germany, and Italy in the same group while, elsewhere, Angola, Faroe Islands, Malta, and Saudi Arabia are fighting it out for promotion.

i agree...that would be great to watch, unfortunately vested interests mean it'll never happen:mad: mind you, the scottish team would still manage to come third in a group containing angola, faroe islands and malta!!:(

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
temp. set back only, once we get the club back from the Yank, we'll be back up where we belong:cool:

Good win for you tonight, that's good as Rooney scored twice and a clean sheet for Van Der Sar - excellent! some good points there to move me to top of the table in my fantasy footy league at work. They aren't going to be pleased :D

Hay

Last edited:

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
emcf said:
hmm...good point! :eek: the hibees robbed us of a place last season and on current form i can't see us getting in the top six this year, never mind a euro place. apparently the club are considering the inter-toto cup as a back door to the uefa cup/league thingy. there's talk of a pre-season tour to china as well....mot sure what that's all about:confused:

and sir alex will get man u back to their rightful place (although we're still above arsenal!!). anyway, if he leaves we'll have him back in the blink of an eye:D

Too many Sir Alex fans in here! :eek: Are you Man U as well then? I know Sir Alex was a big hit at the Dons as well but just with your comment "We're still above Arsenal"

So where's it all gone wrong for the Dons this term? Too much youth and not enough experience perhaps? Haven't seen too many of your games this season other than the matches against us and I did watch your cup game against Motherwell.

Looks like Roy Keane is on his way to Celtic. Reckon he still has something to offer them? I don't think the majority of Man U fans were pleased about the keane situation, maybe Richey boy can enlighten us :cool:

Hay

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom