Continous form, beeping sound while mouse scrolling (1 Viewer)

P01ym4r

Local time
Today, 13:25
Just to add some more details...

The sound only occurs when I have the curson in a text box (column) and the mouse pointer is over the column.
When mouse pointer passes over text box, sound appears.
If mouse if over any other column, there is no sound.
It's like passing over with the mouse pointer would mean to confirm or to try editing the textbox.
Anyway, I didn't find any form event involved (Change, Before editing, current)

P01ym4r

Local time
Today, 13:25
Done!
I just set the text controls property Enabled = FALSE.
I also have Blocked = TRUE for any text box.

Hope this can help you to solve or to give you a hint.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 16:25
Done!
I just set the text controls property Enabled = FALSE.
I also have Blocked = TRUE for any text box.

Hope this can help you to solve or to give you a hint.
Hmmm, not sure where you are going with this. This has all been discussed earlier in the thread already how to disable the system default beep. That will absolutely work around the problem without any coding or extreme changes to the control properties. The root cause of this is definitely related to the mouse cursor position in a particular text box of a continuous form while scrolling. The problem is that there is no way to handle the underlying error that is occurring from VBA completely. You can manipulate it after it occurs once, but not before it occurs. Setting the text controls property Enabled to False BEFORE this crazy event occurs will make it impossible to edit the form on the fly and it greys out the whole column so that's not really a solution of any kind. All you are doing is preventing someone from clicking into a field which might be OK on some forms but usually this is not desirable.

Also, I assume you meant Locked = True, since there is no Blocked property.

Privateer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:25
Hi Everyone.
I am facing with this issue in my project, so I try to create a freshnew database to verify, the issue still happen.
The form is countinous form which data is fed from a table.
Open the form, click on any record, scroll up, down few times, make sure the current selected record went out the window for a time.
You will random hear the beep sound while scrolling the mouse.
Anyone experienced with this issue? Any how to fix it?
Appreciated for your helps.

Thanks,
I wanted to say that I have this problem also and I can't seem to make it stop. I will offer up one piece of recently discovered information in the hopes it triggers a thought out there. On my continuous form there are twenty-five records displayed. When the cursor is on record number one and I roll down three or four records, I get one beep. The second roll down is quiet, I think because the cursor is now off the screen. I tested this theory and I got the same result. When the cursor is placed in the middle of the screen, two or three rolls to get it off the detail section of the form, all with beeps, but no beeps on the roll action once that the record is off the screen. So, maybe this is a Windows thing rather than an Access thing, don't know, but I wanted to let you know others have this problem and those with fifteen year old versions of Access might want to consider an upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom