Hi all

I have a continous form has textboxes as :

- OrderID
- OrderDate
- CustomName
- Amount
- etc....
I want a code when click any textbox
to display a tip text for all this record (textboxes) as (control name :control value) . example :

Code:
OrderID : 1 , OrderDate:01/10/2020,
CustomerName: Falcon88 ,Amount: 2000,
etc....

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 15:42
Do you want a message box, a label on the form, a popup form, text in the status bar or to just use the control tip feature?

Falcon88

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:42
Do you want a message box, a label on the form, a popup form, text in the status bar or to just use the control tip feature?
Let us say control tip feature .
Then will try to use a popup form ( but to use for more than one continous forms ).

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 07:42
Your original post plus your response is still are not at all clear. A control tip text is not displayed on click it's displayed on hover over. but you said, when click a text box. That doesn't make sense. You also mentioned a control tip text but also a pop-up form

Please take the time and effort to post a question with a clear and thorough description of what the problem or desire is so that people can better help you.

Falcon88

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry
My question
How to concatenate all textboxes tip text for a continuous form then display when a cursor set on any control of that raw ?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
perhaps show an example of what you mean as at the moment, it is not making any sense.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 10:42
I'm just using a simple command button called CombinedBtn to concatenate the tooltiptext of two textboxes here. You can use whatever event you want and display it however you want. This is just an example since you did not clearly state how you wanted to display this text. I have no earthly idea why you would need or want to do this but...

Code:
Private Sub CombinedBtn_Click()
   Dim CombinedTipText As String
   CombinedTipText = Me.OrderDate.ControlTipText & " " & Me.CustomerName.ControlTipText
   Me.MyLabel.Caption = CombinedTipText
End Sub

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
However, you want to do it, I would suggest that getting info to popup every time you click on a textbox will drive your users demented.
You click on a textbox to edit it - not to display a message telling you what you can see any way by looking at the fields in that record

Falcon88

Registered User.
Local time
I'm just using a simple command button called CombinedBtn to concatenate the tooltiptext of two textboxes here. You can use whatever event you want and display it however you want. This is just an example since you did not clearly state how you wanted to display this text. I have no earthly idea why you would need or want to do this but...

Code:
Private Sub CombinedBtn_Click()
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Mike Krailo, post: 1727238, member: 152552"]
   Dim CombinedTipText As String
   CombinedTipText = Me.OrderDate.ControlTipText & " " & Me.CustomerName.ControlTipText
   Me.MyLabel.Caption = CombinedTipText
End Sub
That is good , but if the form contains 13 or more column, why not to loop through the textbox & combobox controls then concatenate thier tiptext in one string ?

Please see to this http://access.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0019.htm
This is good , but how to concatenate ?

Last edited:

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 10:42
Go right ahead and loop through all your controls. Still unclear why you would want or need to do this.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Control tip text appears when you hover over a control and only after a short delay.
The idea of clicking on a control to see all the field names & values for that record really makes no sense at all

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:42
why need for it? post#1, you already have them displayed in continuous form?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom