Converting Access SQL to Orac;e SQL (1 Viewer)

Sinoe

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:43
Is there a converter around somewhere to convert Access SQL to Oracle SQL? I saw one in a different forum but after the conversion the SQL return and error "Missing Expression" which could me a number of things.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:43
I know this doesn't help but why are you trying to convert your Access SQL to Oracle? Do you think you need to convert your SQL to convert the BE to Oracle? You don't you know. You can convert Jet/ACE to Oracle and not change anything in the app. That may give unsatisfactory performance so you might need to change the way some forms work.. Access apps typically are bound to naked tables or to queries with no criteria and which use Select *. To be efficient, you need to change the behavior of forms so they select ONLY the columns they need and a minimum number of rows. Preferably one for edit forms. You should then be able to use linked tables and get acceptable performance. Sometimes, you might need to create views to make certain common joins more efficient. But, most of my apps either start out with RDBMS BE's or get converted and over the years, I've had to create perhaps 3 unbound forms reports where their RecordSources were a couple of stored procedures that were too complex to be efficient as simple SQL

Ranman256

Local time
Yesterday, 22:43
The access sql works on linked sql tables just the same as access tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom