Copy entire form to clipboard (1 Viewer)

PhilC

Local time
Today, 07:59
Hello Guys,

Having worked for years with most Ms Office products, I have reached an impasse with Ms Access. For the first time ever, I want to copy the screen image of a form using VBA. Preferably from within the form itself once it is active. My aim is to use the image on a website. I do not wish to add the whole database to the website as other data is private, . I have tried umpteen routes and even considered venturing down the SharePoint route, but lots of expense for such a simple issue seems excessive. Any ideas please all gratefully received.

Thanks

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Why not use the built in Snip & Sketch Tool supplied with windows?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:59
here is a demo.

Attachments

• FormSnapShot.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 377

PhilC

Local time
Thanks both arnelgp and Uncle Gizmo.

I had thought of Snip & Sketch, but not pursued the idea. If I could find the exe file I could use Shell command to launch it programmatically. But finding the exe file has proved a nightmare. Can anyone tell me the path?

Many thanks

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:59
its in:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ScreenSketch_11.2109.37.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ScreenSketch.exe

you must Takeownership of the folder in order for you to view the files inside.

PhilC

Local time
Yes, but cannot get access to the snip and sketch executable. Microsoft have hidden it and I need to get access through a chain of folders and subfolders. I welcome any quick solution. The Take Ownership option is greyed out and I cannot find the subfolders that Arnel specified.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Yes, but cannot get access to the snip and sketch executable. Microsoft have hidden it and I need to get access through a chain of folders and subfolders. I welcome any quick solution. The Take Ownership option is greyed out and I cannot find the subfolders that Arnel specified.
Well you will need to go searching?, starting as far in as WindowsApps?

Mine on this computer is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ScreenSketch_2020.814.2355.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe but I do not have an exe in there

However is demo worked for me?

I cannot yet find a screensketch.exe
1638209278966.png

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
My exe is actually in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ScreenSketch_10.2008.2277.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom