copy/paste field from previous record... (1 Viewer)

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:36
Bob,

Don't know why but it is not working for the App_actiondate. It is not putting a date in there. I had tested the sample and it looked fine to me. so I just put it into my database. It works great to : create a new record, enter the frequency and enter the next appointment date.

Any thoughts?

Can I send you the coding back? Although you have it... I am not sure how to proceed. I looked at the coding - I don't see where it is or would be inserting the App_ActionDate. That date is calculated from the new App_Date inserted - 7 days. I guess the record has to be saved/refreshed... before it can do it...

Let me know if you can help. So sorry to bring this back to you!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for any assistance.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:36
The proposed solution no longer stores data in App_actiondate because the data is calculated in the forms query with the following expression:
Action_Date: DateAdd("d",-7,[App_Date])

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
But then the date will keep changing when I update the App_Date?

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Yes. I thought the action date would always be 7 days before the App Date.

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
No - once a record has been created - it CANNOT be changed automatically. These dates are "ideal dates" - not the real dates that have to be saved with the table. The button just gives me a date to start with, which is later adjusted to a "real date".

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
For example, your button sets the ideal date for the client's appointment. It will then set my action to call this client 7 days before the appointment which really means: 7 days before the appointment, look at the calendar, find a slot close to the ideal appointment date, call the client, see his/her availability and book the appointment.

Then the action is changed - for example - to Remind the client of his appointment. The action date then may change - I do it manually - depending on how much notice the client wants (some want me to call them the day before, others 3 days before, etc.).

These date are shown to me in a TO DO Action Form, with a button next to each client name that opens his/her record. On that line, the form indicates clients to call, purpose of call (schedule an appointment, get information, call to remind of appointment, etc.) and what date (ActionDate) I should perform this action.

Does this make any sense? All my work days are based on this form.

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
"Your" button saves me the initial calculation of the dates.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Not sure if this is correct, but please try the attached db.

Attachments

• SampleForHelp_2002 MS VersionBob05).mdb
    700 KB · Views: 127

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Looks great! Wish I had your talent and knowledge :).

Have a quick question for you... Just curious. When my database is opened, I can opened any other ones on my hard drive as well - and just go from one to another.

But it won't let me open the attached sample you provided. I have to close Access all together. Any idea why? What is the difference?

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom