Could not find the field '...' (1 Viewer)

paulwilliams

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:43
Joined
Jul 27, 2012
Messages
10
Hi All

In simple terms, I have a call logging sheet that asks account managers to choose an account name from a list and then add details about a call before saving back to the 'CallSheet' table. There is an 'AccountManager' table that lists the names of all account managers. There is also a 'Customer' table that stores the customer names, codes and the name of the Principle Account Manager. The tables are related by 1-many relationship from [Customer].[ID] to [CallSheet].[Customer] respectively and a 1-many relationship between [AccountManager].[ID] to [Customer].[PrincipleACM] respectively. There are other tables and relationships too but I have systematically removed these so I know they are not causing the problem.

I have a form that I view as a Datasheet. It lists all fields from the 'Callsheet' table along with the name of the Principle ACM from the 'AccountManager' table. Data is displayed fine. If you apply a filter to the 'Customer' column it also applies without a problem. However, with a filter applied, if you then click the filter icon in the column header and error message appears "Microsoft Access. Could not find field 'Customer'". Having acknowleged the error you can continue to use the filter without a problem.

Some articles have suggested that this may be corruption in the data causing the issue. I have removed and re-established the relationships between the tables, with enforced referential integrity to ensure there are no integrity errors. I have run 'compact and repair' and have even imported the contents of the database to a new database using the import tool in access. the problem remains however.

I'd really appriciate any feedback if anyone has seen this problem before or if you know how to troubleshoot/fix it.

Many thanks in advance,
Paul
 

paulwilliams

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:43
Joined
Jul 27, 2012
Messages
10
...Just an additional point. If I remove the column "PrincipleACM" from the datasheet and then go into the form properties and remove the "AccountManagers" table from the Record Source, the problem goes away. If I then re-add the "AccountManagers" table to the Record Source, even if I don't add the "PrincipleACM" field back onto the form, the problem re-appears.

Thanks again,

Paul
 

ferarbe

New member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:43
Joined
Mar 20, 2016
Messages
1
Hello. I had been looking around for a bit with the same problem. I found a solution in another forum, which is to change the recordset of the form from a SELECT to an actual query. It worked for me, I hope it does for you too. I just realised the post in from 2012, so I guess you found the solution already.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom