Count Number of distinct students seen by each tutor? (1 Viewer)

kate10123

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:12
Hi there,

I have three tables with the information to be able to get a count of how many students that each tutor has seen but everything I have tried using the cross tab type of query and putting a count on studentID and group by tutor name but this seems to count the students the same for each tutor which is not right.

The fields are as follows:
StudentID FROM tbl_Tutorial
TutorName FROM tbl_Tutor

Any ideas would be appreciated :)

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:12
Hi there,

I have three tables with the information to be able to get a count of how many students that each tutor has seen but everything I have tried using the cross tab type of query and putting a count on studentID and group by tutor name but this seems to count the students the same for each tutor which is not right.

The fields are as follows:
StudentID FROM tbl_Tutorial
TutorName FROM tbl_Tutor

Any ideas would be appreciated :)

Can you show the query that you are using? It would be a big help in determining what is going on. Two tables that are being joined must have something in common to join on, or they will usually not bring the desired results.

kate10123

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:12
The query is in the database attached. is called CountStudents

Attachments

• Database6343.mdb
    332 KB · Views: 374

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:12
The query is in the database attached. is called CountStudents

As I suspected, the tables are not joined by anything. In the design view for the query CountStudents, join the tables by TutorID by dragging the one from tbltutor and connecting it with tblTutorial. I think that willl give you what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom