Solved Create Access Table Data Backup in Excel (1 Viewer)

JithuAccess

Local time
Today, 03:50
Hello,

Can we create backup of Access Tables data in to an Excel file by using VBA code?

Thanks

JithuAccess

Local time
Does it have to be Excel?
Yes. Because just in case if Access is not working and we are not able to access any of the data in the tables, we must have a Backup in Excel. Currently I am taking daily Backup of my Access database. But if Access is not working we would not able to get any of the data in the Access database.

Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:50
Yes. Because just in case if Access is not working and we are not able to access any of the data in the tables, we must have a Backup in Excel. Currently I am taking daily Backup of my Access database. But if Access is not working we would not able to get any of the data in the Access database.

Thanks
In that case, have you tried using the TransferSpreadsheet method?

JithuAccess

Local time
In that case, have you tried using the TransferSpreadsheet method?

No I will try. Let me google or if you have any links that would be highly appreciate

We have 5 main tables and what I want is while taking the Backup daily (I am taking daily Backup in a button click event) I want the data of these 5 tables to paste in to an Excel sheet with 5 different Tabs or in 5 different Excel spreadsheets.

I am not so sure whether I can do this with VBA code.

Thank You so much

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
No I will try. Let me google or if you have any links that would be highly appreciate

We have 5 main tables and what I want is while taking the Backup daily (I am taking daily Backup in a button click event) I want the data of these 5 tables to paste in to an Excel sheet with 5 different Tabs or in 5 different Excel spreadsheets.

I am not so sure whether I can do this with VBA code.

Thank You so much
Here are two links for you...

Hope they help...

JithuAccess

Local time
Thank you so much.

But I am getting

1646763497296.png

This is my code

Code:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel3, "[tblMaster Table]", "\\ABC\shared\ABCD\ABCDE\ABCDEF\Database Backup\Test.xlsx", True

Thanks

JithuAccess

Local time
Here are two links for you...

Hope they help...

Sorry. This is what happened when I blindly copy paste the code without knowing what does it means

Changed my code

Code:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "tblMaster Table", "\\ABC\shared\ABCD\ABCDE\ABCDEF\Database Backup\Test.xlsx", True

and it worked

Thank you so much

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Sorry. This is what happened when I blindly copy paste the code without knowing what does it means

Changed my code

Code:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "tblMaster Table", "\\ABC\shared\ABCD\ABCDE\ABCDEF\Database Backup\Test.xlsx", True

and it worked

Thank you so much
Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

JithuAccess

Local time
Hello,

I have created a spreadsheet and now all my data from 5 main tables are saving in it.

My Backup of database are saving like this on a button click:

1646766151030.png

Is there any way I could apply this same method for Excel?

What I mean to say is, when a user click on a command button, I want to create a Backup of Access database and also an Excel spreadsheet. So this should be something like:

1646766282901.png

Is that possible?

Thanks

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:50
Use the same logic you use for the access backup.
They are just filenames after all?
I would expect you would need to prefix the Excel name with the table name?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom