Creating a pricing report (1 Viewer)

S

Spooked

I have a database used for keeping information on computer hardware and their prices. Tables such as Processor, Motherboard, etc. These have the respective manufacturer and model and the price.

I also have a table which holds details on systems which references these tables to get the name of each piece of hardware to be used in the system.

What I want to be able to do is create a report that displays each piece of hardware that makes up the system and its price. The problem is I cannot get the report to display the price as well as the details.

I need to use the manufacturer and model as the common field and find out the price from the relevant table and display it in the report.

Such as 15" Monitor would be part of the system and stored in the system table but all of its details including price would be stored in the Monitors table. I need to take the piece of hardware from the systems table and the price from the monitors table and display them in a report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

chrismcbride

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:00
I suspect that if you adjust your table structure a bit, you will have an easier time with the Report. I think that you need a tblProduct, a tblProductCategory and a tblMachineConfiguration. This will allow you to save the Category Number in the Product Record and the Product Number in the Machine Record. When it comes time to make the Report, you will then be able to get all the Machine Configuration Products with their prices and category numbers and names with one query. I am currently using a structure no unlike this and could forward examples if required..;
Good Luck
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom