Creating a report from a Word document (1 Viewer)

Amy Scivally

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:54
Hello,

I was wondering if there is anyway to place a word document into a report. I am using MS Access 2000 and my boss created a new document that she wants to click a button and recieve the document. There is already a report created from an earlier version of the document, but this new document has a 2 column X 13 Row table, so I was just wondering if you could just import it.

If I can't import it, can someone please tell me how I can create a table on the report. I have created a design format but the lines of the graph did not show up when it was printed out.

If somebody can help, I surely would appreciate it.

Amy

Matthew Snook

NW Salmon Database
Local time
Today, 01:54
When you are in design mode you can "Insert/Object" and check the "Create from file" box. If you check the "Link" checkbox and browse to find the required document, you have now made a link to the Word file which is updated every time you load the report.

Matt

Amy Scivally

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:54
Thanks for the information.

erosenberger

Local time
Today, 01:54
To take it further

Is there a way, possibly through coding, that I can create a standard report that will prompt for the document to be inserted.

For example, I have 100 different documents that I may want to choose from, all in the same directory. On any given report, I would like to attach 1 particular Word Document from that same directory.

Is there a prompt that can activate this command for the user to simply type in the name of the file to be attached? Or is there something else that can be created?

Thank you ahead of time for your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom