creating new data set based old table (1 Viewer)

araza123

Local time
Yesterday, 21:19
Hi all,

What I am trying to do is create anther data field from data I have in my table. For example I have Vehicle Make as a data point and I wanted to use this field and add domestic ,European or Asian based on of course what brand the vehicle is. The goal is to run queries based on what continent the vehicle comes from. Is this something that is doable? thanks!

1649347729459.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Easy enough.

1. From the main design page with the object categories list, select table GAP Sales and open it in design mode.
2. Add the new field at the bottom.
3. Drag/drop the field to where you want it in the table. Like next to that blue dot, for example.
4. Save the table. If this table is heavily populated, you might see a slight delay while Access is shuffling things.
5. For every place in your forms, reports, queries and relationship diagram where GAP Sales occurs, as a one-time action, remove that table and re-add it. (This is the longest part if that table is used heavily.)

Done.

araza123

Local time
Easy enough.

1. From the main design page with the object categories list, select table GAP Sales and open it in design mode.
2. Add the new field at the bottom.
3. Drag/drop the field to where you want it in the table. Like next to that blue dot, for example.
4. Save the table. If this table is heavily populated, you might see a slight delay while Access is shuffling things.
5. For every place in your forms, reports, queries and relationship diagram where GAP Sales occurs, as a one-time action, remove that table and re-add it. (This is the longest part if that table is used heavily.)

Done.
Thanks for the reply sir. So when you say add field at bottom you are referring to this below picture? If so how where do i go to make the changes to the make to ensure for example ford is listed as domestic while BMW is listed as European. For example in excel i would just have each make listed in one column and the next column where it was made. Trying to do something similar here. Thanks again!

1649350152691.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom