Creating Pages with Access (1 Viewer)

D

Darkness95

Hi

I'm having abit of a problem creating Pages for an Access database.
The company I work for wants to create a database indicating their different clients and information which I have written up.

They would wish for the date to be accessible on web pages. I am using Access 2003 and I was given a tutorial video set on access 2000. I went through all the videos and in the section on pages it seemed simple enough to create.

But when I went to create it says "The connection string of this page specities an absolute path. The page might not be able to connect to data through the network. To connect through a network, edit the connection string to specify a network (UNC) path."

When I try to create an UNC path it prompts to be more specific. Also I can't seem to be able to open the pages through a browser, when I do it opens the data in a separate file.
What should I do, do I need to set this through a network or through a ODBC?

mercy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:02
I think ODBC helps u to get rid of this.

R

rod_dude

I had the same problem, what I did was look in the dynamically generated html file using wordpad or something and see if you can find something like:-

<a:ConnectionString>Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=D:\mydb\Data.mdb;

Put the database in a shared directory on some server somewhere running IIS. Change the bit that says D:\mydb\Data.mdb to something like \\mymachine\myshareddirectory\Data.mdb

Its not secure or pretty... but it worked for me;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom