Creating Report with Table Format (1 Viewer)

atzdgreat

Local time
Today, 08:55
hi, it is my first time to use reporting in access. is there any way i can make a report as per attached image? thank you.

Attachments

• Test Image.JPG
    Test Image.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 91

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:55
I think we need to have a discussion about how your data is stored in the table, as it doesn't follow the normal conventions of MS Access. It is probably worth discussing the pros and cons before proceeding..

atzdgreat

Local time
hi thank you for your reply.

here is my sample field in my table.

Code_Num
Code_Details
First_Off
Sec_Off
Third_Off
Fourth_Off
Disp_Table

datas are stored in table as per attached image. now in field Disp_Table, if there is data "Display". then the table will display in report.

Attachments

• testing.JPG
    testing.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 88

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:55
It is likely there is a problem with the way you are storing your data in the table. It would be prudent to discuss the options you have have before creating any reports.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

atzdgreat

Local time
if ever i am going to reconstruct my data table, is there any possible i can achieve the report? thanks

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:55
We do not understand why you want to display some rows differently from others. If they contain different data, then the table is not correct and should be probably two tables.

Can you explain to us in words what is different about the last record. Is it ALWAYS the last record of the file? Is it the last record of a set? Is it the third record of a set? In a properly designed table one record is not different from the others or more important. They are all the same. You can group them and sort them but picking ONE of them out of a set for special processing is not normal.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:55
Like Pat, I am confused by data structure.

Can arrange controls so the Penalty fields are below Code_Num but then the labels will show under every code even if there is no data.

How high do those code numbers go? You should be aware that 10.0.0 will sort before 2.0.0; 1.10.0 will sort before 1.2.0, etc.

Where does "Blah blah blah blah blah" come from?

Most anything can be done with enough code and this might require some very creative coding.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom