I want to pay this monitor

Aoc C27G2 27​

can I use this monitor in programming Visual studio, access, office, etc

because they say gaming screen

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:31
Yes - but be wary of superfast screen updates causing your Access apps to blur as they approach the speed of light... ;)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:31
also be aware that the image on a curved screen often cannot be seen clearly by someone located off centre. This only really matters if you are trying to demonstrate something to someone by your side

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:31
A few years ago when they first cam out, my client got them for us. I had so much trouble with Access, I went back to two flat monitors instead.

CaylinBR

Local time
Today, 14:31
Of course you can use it, it only depends on your preferences, your refresh rate will be faster, and the smoother. It will be a pleasure for your eyes

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 05:31
Hello friends
I want to pay this monitor

Aoc C27G2 27​

can I use this monitor in programming Visual studio, access, office, etc

because they say gaming screen
At the risk of overstating the obvious, you should take that description as a marketing term, rather than a specification. Gaming requires faster, higher resolution graphics to look good in panoramic sweeps of alien planets so if it's "good for gaming" all they're saying is you'll find it more pleasurable for gaming. Other uses may not take advantage of those features to the same degree, sort of like using an 18-wheeler to move a barrel of olive oil. You can do it, but a half-ton pickup could also do the job at a lower cost.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:31
The curvature will affect visibility for folks looking over your shoulder but if you are in front (and center) of the screen, that curvature won't affect what YOU see. The other thing about gaming monitors has to do with how fast they paint an image and what resolution they can reach. You should be aware that ultra-high-resolution screens, depending on which version of Access you have, may result in shrinking the viewing size of the DB windows. Old versions of Access might not have compensated for really high-res screens. Newer versions? Can't say - 'cause I've got an older version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom