Custom Help files (1 Viewer)

S

Sharon Williams

I have been trying out two programs for custom help files - HelpScribble and Microsoft html Workshop. I have been having some trouble with Workshop, but HelpScribble seems to work OK. My question is - which program should I be using for distributing my Access database? Or is there much difference. I only have the trial version of Scribble, so would have to purchase it, which is one consideration. I guess what I am asking is - would either program limit me in any way?

The authoring of these Help files also seems to be a daunting job! Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sharon

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 17:38
I personally love HelpScribble. For only $99, it is so much easier to use than the silly thing that MS makes available. So, I would say, suck it up and buy the HelpScribble, and then, you are free to include those help files, that you compile with it, in your distribution. They all get to the same place anyway. When you purchase HelpScribble you can compile to a .chm file and have the HTML help just like using HTML Workshop.

That's my suggestion anyway.

(a satisfied HelpScribble user)

S

Sharon Williams

Thanks. I've done some looking around in Help Scribble and I'm inclined to agree with you. It's pretty nice and, as you say, I can compile to .chm files anyway.

Sharon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom