Custom Ribbon In Library For Print Preview (1 Viewer)

mrfrisky330

Local time
Today, 07:56
Allo!

In the midst of converting a huge Access project to 2010(!), not having any command bars etc, have managed to create a ribbon menu that shows what the user has access to, however I am struggling trying to achieve something.

The system is basically this structure:

Main database
- Library 1
- Library 2
- Library 3

Each library has its own forms and reports, in the old version of Access a custom popup could be added to the report when right clicked with various options, but I was wondering if it is possible to have the built in Print/Preview ribbon menu item appear only when the report is previewed?

Have added a test ribbon in the main database AND a library and assigned the ribbon to the report, but when the report is previewed the ribbon does not show, is this possible to do with a one-many database application or are ribbons for reports only available in single database applications?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:56
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

I don't see why it's not possible. Are you saying the ribbon shows if you open a report from the main database but not from the library? Or, are you saying the ribbon doesn't show at all?

mrfrisky330

Local time
Today, 07:56
To go into more detail:

The client runs using Access runtime, there is a custom ribbon in place:
Screenshot from 2022-03-02 11-42-25.png

I was just wondering if when the user previews a report this could be replaced by the built in print/preview menu, am just wondering if the ribbon is not as dynamic and flexible as the old commandbars which could be changed in realtime..?

If it not possible it is no disaster, the built in right click menu still works, and the File menu has print options on it :)

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:56
you should try it yourself, since you have the db.
i don't think there is shortcut menu on a runtime (accdr).

SHANEMAC51

Local time
Today, 09:56
In the midst of converting a huge Access project to 2010(!), not having any command bars etc, have managed to create a ribbon menu that shows what the user has access to, however I am struggling trying to achieve something.
any book has
- author or authors
- publishing house
- year of release
- book code ISBN
- subject
- abstract
- type of publication
- storage location
and there have always been classifiers for searching these fields since paper times
access does this very quickly, and for any combination of these and other fields

it is unlikely that your ribbon menu will provide this, although it looks good

the reader usually does not know what he needs, does not know on which tab to look for what he wants
, most often he knows the topic, sometimes the author or a fragment of the title, sometimes he needs publications of the last 5-10 years or a certain publishing house

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom