Dark text on dark theme. (1 Viewer)

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 01:44
A question based on
"There is nothing inherently unique in that output spreadsheet to identify a unique request "
Do you/could you include the assessor's name or ID in the collected spreadsheet? Along with other identifying info ( to be used subsequently for overall identification of unique records).
I'm not sure if you are saying there can be no unique identification OR currently we have no means to uniquely identify records in that output spreadsheet or the database.

When using the dark theme, here is how the above post looks:

jdraw.png

Is that because @jdraw specifically switched his text color to black there? Maybe the "none" or "remove formatting" option would be better in this case as it should then follow theme rules.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:44
Yes I have seen post like this before. I use the dark theme and some posts are unreadable. I assumed it was the choice of colours made by the poster?

zeroaccess

Local time
I think so.

Probably best to avoid setting text color to black.

deletedT

Local time
Today, 06:44
Just like someone who uses Dark theme and selects a bright (White) font for his post. Those using the default theme will have problem reading the post.

That's why most of the sites I know doesn't use multiple themes. Recently every OS or browser has a dark mode and these sites rely on OS or browser's dark mode than using themes.

zeroaccess

Local time
The dark mode works fine, it's just that setting your text color to black when writing a post overrides the "auto" setting which would normally show the text to be white to those users.

It's no different than setting your text to white or gray when using the normal theme it wouldn't be visible to users of the normal theme.

If it were possible to remove black and white from the text color options that might be a good idea.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom