Database club bookings project help (1 Viewer)

jagstangman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:26
Hello, I'm trying to desgin a database for an afterschool club.

The database will need to manage a few things. If i try to put it simply:

A Bookings system for bookings made by parents for the child, for the dates they want thier child to be at the club and to work out payments for each booking.

A register/attenacne system so the user knows if the child has turned up to the date he/she has booked. The attendance system needs to log the arrial and departure time of the child from th e club as well as who has collected the child.

A fees system so the child's parents can get a fee if they pick up the child overlly late or a child turns up without a booking etc.

Im not sure how to design the database becasue im not used to booking systems with attendence and fees aswell.

The bookings made by parents can be any dates during term time so they might not be mon-fri every term week, they might be mon,tue,fri on one week or the full week on others.

So far i have a children table to hold all the childrens details, then linking to that table are guardian, medical and collection tables for guardian, medical and collection details. But im not sure what else i need and the best way to set it up.

Any help would be apprciated.

grnzbra

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:26
Don't use separate tables for children and guardians. Since they are people, they go on one table with a join table between them for many to many relationships. Addresses go into a separate table.

Bookings table would be another table with pick ups and dropoffs being another table (if there is always one pick up and one drop off per child per day, you could have pickup and drop off times included in that table with a link to the people table through a linking table to record who picked up and dropped off in case more than one person was invoved.

The financial system could scan the booking table for times to assess penalties, but would be a separate system with links only to show for whom the payments are being made, what services arebeing purchased, etc and. Payments would be a separate table with a link to the table showing the purchase, (in case they pay in installments). Medical info goes into another table.

This is rough, off the top of my head stuff to give you an idea of the direction to go. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom