Database corruption Error "AOIndex is not an index in this table" (1 Viewer)

MsLady

Traumatized by Access
Local time
Today, 12:50
I got this "AOIndex is not an index in this table" error with Access 2000 after replicating a database and storing it in the same network folder. I am not able to open my database now, i am afraid 2days work on my forms is lost. I usually have backup, but the last backup i have is 2 days ago i have made alot of changes to 2 FORMS after that :(

Please anybody have suggestions on how to retrive my forms??? I am really concerned about the forms. I have backup for data and for the reports. Please help me?

MsLady

Traumatized by Access
Local time
I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:50
Sorry Beautiful,
I don't have a clue on how to help on this issue. :(

MsLady

Traumatized by Access
Local time
Hi Rural Dude :D
thanks for replying. Im still looking around online for help files :eek:

FireStrike

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:50
one thing you may be able to try is to open the access.exe without a database, then go to file and select the db you were just working on. It should put you into a design view. I don't know if it will work or not, but it is worth a try. That is how I got to one of my db's when access screwed it up.

Good luck

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:50
Make a copy [just incase] and try the free Microsoft Jet Compact Utility program. I have links to the programs floating around this forum. I have never seen your specific error but the Jet Compact Utility program has fixed invalid index errors each time I have been bit.

MsLady

Traumatized by Access
Local time
Thanks all, i had to spend about 2days trying to figure out the changes i made and redoing them again. thankfully, i always try to keep documentation on big changes.

I'll keep your suggestions in mind if i ever the error again...hopefully not.

Thanks again

Tsango

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:50
I have just had the same error when I tried to compact the database.

It make the database unuseable!! Luckly I have an older non corupted copy so I am having to export all the forms ect I have changed since that version over to that working database.

Hope I don't miss anything...!!!

markwillium

Local time
Recently I had exactly same error message with Access 2003 while opening the database. I had tried following methods to fix it:

Import everything into new database: I had created a new blank database and imported everything from old corrupt database into newly created database. After successful import, I had compact the newly created database.

Try FixBadAOIndex Utility: This utility is created by Dirk Goldgar and able to fix this corruption.

Try Stellar Access Repair: It is a paid software and shows the preview of corrupt database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom