Database Corruption (1 Viewer)

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:27
I have Access 2019. My database file is on a "server" and three or four users connect at a time. From time to time, I make small design changes from one of
the work stations. Every once in awhile, the database becomes corrupt. One is an can't find an id index (or something like that) and you can not use the database.
The other error is the database is inconsistent and Access repairs it.

I've moved the database (when I make design changes) file to a local computer and seems to be less susceptible to corruption.
Any ideas to make my database more stable? Slit the database? Upgrade to 2020? Or something else.

Thanks...

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, split. Any instructions on how to split?

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
So, the backend goes to a shared location and the frontend goes on each workstation? So, when I make a design change to a form, do I then have
to bring the new frontend to each workstation?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:27
PMFJI
Yes. You would need to supply a newer copy of the FE to each workstation but I suggest you only do that after thoroughly testing any changes on your own workstation. Usually no need to update other users. until there are significant changes ...unless its an essential bug fix:rolleyes:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:27
do I then have
to bring the new frontend to each workstation

Yes, but most of us use some sort of utility to manage that automatically. Search here on "front end updater" or "autoupdater" and you should turn up a few methods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom