Database design help (1 Viewer)

stonegold87

Local time
Today, 19:14
Dear members
I need help in design small database what i need is a system to charge students Fee every month ( charging twice issue was resolved with CJ's advise).
What i really want is to add Fee to student account even if number of students are in hundreds process should be really simple and fast
What steps should i take to reach my goal right now i have created
1.tblstudent table
2.tblstudentFeedetails ( studentID as FK)
3.tblstudentFeeMonths where all Fee months will be thr
Plz guide me to proper direction

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 10:14
make an append query that uses all active students query with fee table, which then appends the fees to the tStudentFees table.
All are then charged at once.

stonegold87

Local time
Good advise Ranman this solves charging student at once
2nd issue how to automatically append query based on date parameter
Suppose if month changes then this action is performed along with month and year detail

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you always bill once per month, then you can either assume the date depending on whether you bill in advance or in arrears. Or, if you want to specify the date, then put an unbound control on your form. In the button used to run the query, check to make sure that the date field is populated before running the append query.

Last edited:

stonegold87

Local time
Thx Pat and Ranman i create another table tblFeeDue where i append student Fee information
should i use tblfeedue (PK) in FeeDeposit table as (FK)?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
When you create a new bill, you are creating a many-side record. The StudentID (which is the 1-side of this relationship) goes into the tblFeeDue which is the many-side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom