"database has been placed in a state by user" error when linking to sharepoint (1 Viewer)

biofaku

Local time
Today, 18:44
Hi, I was wondering if someone else had this problem:
My db has a linked table to sharepoint to add records through an update query, but since I made this now I can't use the excel files that are linked to the db through some queries without having the error "The database has been placed in a state by user". Any idea if this is possible to fix it without losing the possibility to add records to my sharepoint list?

Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:44
Hi. Instead of using a query, can you add records manually?

biofaku

Local time
Hi DBguy, always a pleasure talking with you.

I don't think it's possible to add records manually, because there are a lot of FK related fields, such as names of products.

I was thinking in using something like currentproject.closeconnection when I close the db, but I'm not sure if thats going to work

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi DBguy, always a pleasure talking with you.

I don't think it's possible to add records manually, because there are a lot of FK related fields, such as names of products.

I was thinking in using something like currentproject.closeconnection when I close the db, but I'm not sure if thats going to work
Hi. Well, my question was just to verify if you would also get an error if you do it manually versus using a query. I was just trying to isolate whether the problem was the query or the link.

biofaku

Local time
To me, the problem is the link, I don't think the problem is in updating through the query because even if I not use it the error appears.

But as far as now, I don't know how to use currentproject.closeconnection with sharepoint, so gonna keep looking that way, I'm mostly sure the problem is related with the connection per se.

biofaku

Local time
Well it was that, the link to sharepoint.
I solved it by splitting the database and having one frontend without the link to sharepoint that is dedicated to the excel files. Nice patch I think. Not the ideal solution, but it's the one is working and can be done by me.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Well it was that, the link to sharepoint.
I solved it by splitting the database and having one frontend without the link to sharepoint that is dedicated to the excel files. Nice patch I think. Not the ideal solution, but it's the one is working and can be done by me.
Hi. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom