Database keeps Currupting (1 Viewer)

msp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:57
I have an access database with about 5 users on. Recently we are experiencing regular database corruptions. These are relatively easy to fix but are very annoying for the users. Is these any way to analyse the what causes corruption of a database?. Any help would be appreciated – thanks.

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 08:57
Just stabbing in the dark here, but, you may want examine all your code to make sure it is all legit. Sometimes when you delete a control, Access will leave the code in the form or report module. Also, I would examine all the records / fields to see if any mysterious 'error' messages are lurking in any fields...

Ken

MCantu

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:57
Access Version?

what version of access are you using?

MCantu

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:57
Same prob

I have just posted the same question below.

I have not reached the same level as you (in curruption)- 1 record so far- but I don't want to be where you are. (sorry, but I've been there, so I know how fusterating it is)

I have access 2000.

I have only the records currupting.

I have found the record that corupted was attached to a query to auto popupate information. This table was not native to that database, but linked to another.

is this at all the same with you?

I was wondering if I should restructure, and move this table in, instead of linking it.

Last edited:

msp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:57
I hve looked through the code nothing stands out... and all fields seem fine although some strange queries have appeared starting all starting with a ~

KenHigg

Local time
Never seen the ~ thing. Are you able to make it corrupt, say by adding records, etc. I'm going to guess it may be an issue with one particular workstation. Maybe a version, references, etc. type issue...

kh

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
msp said:
I hve looked through the code nothing stands out... and all fields seem fine although some strange queries have appeared starting all starting with a ~
I believe that those ~ queries are related to SQL used within your forms like a combo box, etc.

Play it safe and import all of the db objects into a new database file. Since you have multi concurrent users then you should have split your db with each user getting a local copy of the front end on their hard drive and the front ends are linked to the one back end [shared tables] on the network.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
msp,
Is your db split?
Are your users shutting down improperly?
Are there network problems which cause connections to be dropped?
Is there sufficient disk space on the drive with the db?
Is one particular user having system problems that result in rebooting?

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
msp:

Every time a client of mine has had corruption on a database, it's been because of a faulty network. I have had to tell people that I won't talk to them unless they get a qualified network technician to analyze the network. In 100% of the cases, there has been a network issue.

SHADOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom