Date problem transferring Access table to SQl (1 Viewer)

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:00
Hello all,

I don't use SQL that much and I'm bewildered that MS SQL server cannot import and Access table with english Dates of Birth ie 22/12/1970. It fails to convert with an error message, then if I change the destination date field to a character field it will then import, but the Dates are now in american format ie 12/22/1970. What would be the best technique to use.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Yesterday, 17:00
This may or may not be helpful - but I always pass dates to datetime arguments in sql as

@Start = '" & Format(cbFrom, "mmmm dd yyyy") & "'

etc

This way the UK/US format never seems to be an issue??

Perhaps something similar would help in your import? I am asuming your destination table does accept UK dates?

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Paul,
Thanks for the reply however I am using the DTS service to Import. I can amend the transformation and convert the date but I do not know what functions are available in the VB script that the DTS package uses as this is not in BOL.

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Well I've sorted this problem out. I had to create a DTS package ans set up an error log and its dates such as 01/12/1003 that are causing the problem. If you didn't know how to set up a package and just relied on the wizard you would not get anywhere with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom