".DefaultEditing" (1 Viewer)

GaryC

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:50
I am trying to modify an old database which as been converted to Access 97 but which was originaly coded by somebody else.

He used the ".DefaultEditing" property in many places and I wish to convert to the new Access 97 equivalent commands - but its difficult to know what my predecessor was trying to do in places as I no longer have a reference book to the Access v2 commands (and he was not libral with comments) - can anybody remind me what the specifics of the property are!

new 97 eqivalents are :-
"AllowAdditions" , "AllowDeletions", "AllowEdits" and "DataEntry"

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
The following table summarizes how the DefaultEditing property settings map to the new form properties:

DefaultEditing AllowEdits AllowDeletions AllowAdditions DataEntry
Setting
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Allow Edits Yes Yes Yes No
Read Only No No No No
Data Entry Yes Yes Yes Yes
Can't Add
Records Yes Yes No No

If you make changes to the new form properties programmatically, the DefaultEditing property reflects the new editing settings. However, if you set a combination of the new properties that does not map directly to a DefaultEditing property setting, the DefaultEditing property defaults to AllowEdits. Therefore, you should not rely on the DefaultEditing property if you want use the new form properties.

GaryC

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks,

I had assumed that was the case - but didn't want to make a fool of myself (well no more than usual)!

GaryC

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks,

I had assumed that was the case - but didn't want to make a fool of myself (well no more than usual)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom