Solved #Deleted we keep receiving this message (1 Viewer)

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:59
Hello, we have a memo field and after the data has been enter, this message appears,
#Deleted

Can you please advise us how we can fix this problem?

Thank you.
Nicole

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Can you confirm that the data is actually getting deleted?

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:59
I would also run Compact & Repair on a copy of the database as perhaps the table that has the Memo field has gone bad.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:59
"#Deleted" means that Access thinks that the thing you were trying to look at was deleted. It USUALLY implies that you had something open in datasheet view for long enough for the internal automatic refresh to occur and when it did, it detected a case where another user had caused one of the viewed records to be deleted. So the "# Deleted" is like a place holder to show you WHERE someone deleted a record while you are watching. There are other ways to get this type of display, I just named a common one.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:59
you have a code that delete a record on your Form with SQL delete statement.
after deleting Requery your form.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Can you confirm that the data is actually getting deleted?

Thank you for your note.
The problem we had was that we had a SHORT comments field on the main form which, opened a FULL page comments form, and after the data was entered and we returned to the to the SHORT comments field, the error message occurred and the entered data was lost. Now we only enter data into the full comments form.

Thank you.
Nicole.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thank you for your note.
The problem we had was that we had a SHORT comments field on the main form which, opened a FULL page comments form, and after the data was entered and we returned to the to the SHORT comments field, the error message occurred and the entered data was lost. Now we only enter data into the full comments form.

Thank you.
Nicole.
Hi Nicole. Glad to hear you found a solution. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom