Dell latitude PIII -Laptop (1 Viewer)

kabz

Kabz
Local time
Today, 22:50
HI guys,
My laptop(Dell Latitude PIII) has started runing very slow,so am trying to find means how i can make it run faster.

thank you.

Kabz:confused:

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:50
Which operating system are you using ?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:50
EDIT - Just thought have you installed anything recently which you might think has slowed it down ?

If you have a full XP disk a repair will clean up all system files - here is a good guide - clicky. Although it is very cautious (I've never had to back up .pst files etc) but it is probably worth backing up you valuable stuff just in case. Just make sure you go to the repair screen NOT the repair console (if you do by mistake type exit to reboot)

Next, uninstall any old or unwanted programs and then defrag your hard drive

Stop any unwanted programs for running at startup either from the program itself or via Start > run and type msconfig.
Untick any from the startup tab that you don't want - there is a description of which program the exe is associated with.

There are many more tweeks you can do but these should give the best results.

jaytheguru

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:50
EDIT - Just thought have you installed anything recently which you might think has slowed it down ?

If you have a full XP disk a repair will clean up all system files - here is a good guide - clicky. Although it is very cautious (I've never had to back up .pst files etc) but it is probably worth backing up you valuable stuff just in case. Just make sure you go to the repair screen NOT the repair console (if you do by mistake type exit to reboot)

I will not try and repair it if it is running fine, as in windows running perfectly fine. Being slow could be anything from running slow at startup or generally slow because of the programs running at the background. We really need to know what he means by slow. Screenshot of the running processes will be an advantage.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom