Solved Dependent tables (1 Viewer)

AnilBagga

Local time
Today, 17:12
I have a split DB and in the BE file I have a large number of tables.

Like Excel, can we find out where a table data is linked to - which form or query is using this data of the table. I have a linked Excel file which I used in some forms and need to switch this linkage to a table

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:42
Yes, but you would do that in the FE, because the BE would have no idea what's using it.

So, in the FE, try using the Dependency Checker by selecting your linked Excel table and then clicking on the Object Dependencies button on the Database Tools Ribbon Tab.

Hope that helps...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
my favorite technique (this is just me, i find it fun) is to hit alt+f11 (opens vba project), then View > Immediate window (do it once and it will stick always), then type ?currentdb.tabledefs("nameoftable").connect and hit enter

AnilBagga

Local time
Yes, but you would do that in the FE, because the BE would have no idea what's using it.

So, in the FE, try using the Dependency Checker by selecting your linked Excel table and then clicking on the Object Dependencies button on the Database Tools Ribbon Tab.

Hope that helps...
Thanks. That was what I needed

AnilBagga

Local time
my favorite technique (this is just me, i find it fun) is to hit alt+f11 (opens vba project), then View > Immediate window (do it once and it will stick always), then type ?currentdb.tabledefs("nameoftable").connect and hit enter
I use a Mac and work on the server which is Windows and has Access (mac does not have Access). AltF11 throws up something else unfortunately:cautious:. Will try it later with a windows machine. Thanks for the input

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I use a Mac and work on the server which is Windows and has Access (mac does not have Access). AltF11 throws up something else unfortunately:cautious:. Will try it later with a windows machine. Thanks for the input
Ahh yes, the joys of special key combo's vs. remote desktop

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:42
There is an excellent tool at www.fmsinc.com called Total Access Analyzer. It goes well beyond the Dependency Checker. You can download a demo that shows its various reporting options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom